Thread: International Harvester M1 Garand

Default International Harvester M1 Garand

A buddy of mine has an intentional harvester M1 Garand That he offered to me for about $2,000 ish

I believe it's built on an intentional harvester receiver also all matching and unfired

Can some one give me some insight on what to look 4 and what it's worth around?

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!

Quote Originally Posted by glock134 View Post
    A buddy of mine has an intentional harvester M1 Garand That he offered to me for about $2,000 ish

I believe it's built on an intentional harvester receiver also all matching and unfired

You may want to try the Garand Collector's Assn www.thegca.org or the www.m1collectorsclub.com

Thanks for the plug, will check it out

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by glock134 View Post

WOW,,,$2000,,and he is a "Buddy",,I would think hard about that one,,,LOL !!!! There is alot to look at for that kind of $$$$ !!! Like they said above,look into the Garand Association,do some research,,etc !! For the kind of $$$,,I would be looking at every Number,,, Stamp,,etc on the gun,,there are cage numbers,,Manufactures Stamps and such,,,everything should have IHC on it,,Bolt,Op-rod,,trigger group,,hammer,,gas plug,,etc,,there are other numbers to look for on the receiver also !! I would say the BBL should be a LMR,,with a Date on it that will be close to the Serial Number (Date Of Manufacture) on the receiver. It could have a Marlin BBL on it also !! I have a IHC M1 myself & it is a Great rifle and it has all matching parts,,but there is ALOT more to it than that !!! Also,,a M1 that is New,(Old Stock),and never been fired,,or fired very little and has NEVER been rebuilt is one thing,,,a M1 that has been "rebuilt" & then never fired with all matching parts is another whole ball game,,& will NOT be worth what the 1st rifle is worth,,just because it hasen't been fired with the New parts,,,its still a rebuild !! Do your search,look around,,gather info & if it is really a "Correct" and worthy rifle,,great,,talk him down to $1000,,,,$1200 and go from there,,if not,,go to CMP and get a Quality Service grade for around $700 bucks,,or one of there Better Special rifles for around $1000 and you will be much better off & have plenty of $$$$ for ammo !!! Keep us posted on how ya make out !!
    Info,,
    IH M1 Garand ? - TheFiringLine Forums
    Collecting and Restoring The M1 Garand
    Scott A. Duff Publications and Historic Martial Arms: Who Made M1 Garands? How Many Were Made? When Were They Made?
    Determining the Vintage and Origin of M1 Garand Parts
    Check this one out for sure: International Harvester
    The Stock is a Major contributor to the Value of the rifle,,, M1 Garand stock identification guide
    Feel free to drop me a PM with questions,,if I can help,,,I would like to !

Colonel

Id say, if your not a collector, It wont make much difference to you. You can buy one from the CMP and get a great rifle for half the price . If your really only interested in shooting and historical value, Id pass on that.

I would pass on it. There are way too many variables to justify the $2000 price which is booked around $2200 I think in VG condition only. Like M1A said, if the garand was rebuilt/reconditioned in any way...lop off 50% of the value.