Thread: Albany County judges?

Default Albany County judges?

I just got my notice from Albany County that I have a hearing with the judge (Richard Platkin) next month. After some Googling, I couldn't find any cases relating to firearms at all. Mostly commercial and business stuff. Anyone have any experience with him? My investigator said he might wanna talk to me about my driving history and license suspensions from at least a few years ago. I have no problem with that, and my license is good now, with 0 points on it.

Thanks in advance.
    Suppose the Second amendment said A well-educated electorate being necessary for self-governance in a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed. Is there anyone who would suggest that means only registered voters have a right to read? - Robert Levy, Georgetown University Professor

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!

This is perfectly normal in Albany county. Get used to it. You will need a court date to add or remove pistols from your permit also. You will show up, swear under oath that everything you submitted is true and you will leave. I find it to be a giant waste of mine and the judges' time.
    I enjoy manipulating mechanical devices which propel small lead projectiles through space at high velocity.

Quote Originally Posted by aveisone View Post
    This is perfectly normal in Albany county. Get used to it. You will need a court date to add or remove pistols from your permit also. You will show up, swear under oath that everything you submitted is true and you will leave. I find it to be a giant waste of mine and the judges' time.
    Ah, glad to see tax payer money being put to good use then!

If I buy pistols now (obv. not take them home until I have permit), can I bring them receipts so when I get my permit they'll already be on it? I know that's how it's done w/ Sch'dy county, but not sure about counties where you're not required to buy one when you apply.

After I swear under oath, are they gonna give me my permit right then and there? Or more waiting? Thanks in advance.
    Suppose the Second amendment said A well-educated electorate being necessary for self-governance in a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed. Is there anyone who would suggest that means only registered voters have a right to read? - Robert Levy, Georgetown University Professor

No after you stop talking to the judge you go home. Then wait some more. You can have a pistol bought and paid for at a store. When you get your permit youll go down to the county clerks office and apply for an amendment. Cue more waiting, another court date, more waiting, and finally a letter in the mail saying you can pick up your purchase coupon at the county clerks office.

I hope you werent in any hurry. They certainly arent.
    I enjoy manipulating mechanical devices which propel small lead projectiles through space at high velocity.

Quote Originally Posted by aveisone View Post
    No after you stop talking to the judge you go home. Then wait some more. You can have a pistol bought and paid for at a store. When you get your permit youll go down to the county clerks office and apply for an amendment. Cue more waiting, another court date, more waiting, and finally a letter in the mail saying you can pick up your purchase coupon at the county clerks office.<br>
    <br>
    I hope you werent in any hurry. They certainly arent.
    I'm definitely not in a hurry, but it would be nice to have it before the end of the year. I don't know if it'll be any different as I don't live within Albany's city limits, I'm in Guilderland, but I heard you only have to speak with the judge for each amendment if you're living in the city of Albany.