Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By guygus3516
  • 2 Post By DystruktoBoi1

Thread: "Just Energy" Flex rate program? (for Nyseg customers)

Default "Just Energy" Flex rate program? (for Nyseg customers)

I just had some guy stop by and sign me up for an alternative energy supplier called "Just Energy" guaranteed to basically be a tad bit cheaper then Nyseg electric charges, I pay Nyseg for delivery still but I pay this company for the electricity, and I can still pay it all through my Nyseg online bill, my new bills will just have the "Just energy" logo in the top left hand corner.

My question is, anyone on here done this? Or head of it? I'm about to go research all this because if I don't decide to opt out within the trail period I get stuck with a 5 year contract, so I'm researching as of now, just wanted to hear some opinions on here since this "Just Energy" company deals with NYS only.
    Rifle Wants: CETME, AR15, SBR AK in 7.62, Daewoo DR200

Pistol wants: XDM, Used Beretta M9/92FS for carry, S&W 5904/5/6 variant, Browning High Power

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner usmcveteran's Avatar

I have heard of different ones that I assume are the same. I am also sure your going to see a lot of negative reviews as well. How much will it save you a month? Also you should make sure you read through the rules and conditions closely to make sure you wont get stiffed with higher payments later or crazy fees if your late or anything like that. I am interested to know what you find out though.

General

Ughhhhhhhhhh. Why, why, why?!

You just got scammed by an energy-reseller.

The Consumerist: Search Results

Quote Originally Posted by Temporaryscars View Post
    Ughhhhhhhhhh. Why, why, why?!

You just got scammed by an energy-reseller.

The Consumerist: Search Results
    Sure did, I answered my own question a few minutes after this post lol.

I have a month to cancel without any fees and the application has to be approved by NYSEG first, I'll call them on monday and inform them not to let it through.

Pistol wants: XDM, Used Beretta M9/92FS for carry, S&W 5904/5/6 variant, Browning High Power

Well for anyone interested I eamiled NYSEG and told them not to allow any changes from this company to my account, and I also Emailed this Just Energy company and told them that I do not even wish to have my application sent it, and if I see any changes on my bill in any companies name other then NYSEG, I will take legal action immediately, that should get their attention. Let's hope they don't also send out personal information, ****in' scammers.

General

Glad to hear you took action. Hopefully the "you can cancel" thing wasn't just their way of getting you to sign something you'll regret later on.

The Post standard did a story on a woman who got an energy bill for a metric-ass-ton of money after signing up with a similar (or the same, they change their name often) company.

Go easy on the person who shows up at your door though. They're usually people who are desperate for work and see this sort of thing as their only option.

A good rule of thumb? If somebody comes to your door and you don't know them (and if they're not holding girl scout cookies), don't answer.

General

RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN FAR AWAYYY!!!

I know people who have tried the Ambit thing. It's all a scam. MLM. Pyramid Scheme. Whatever you want to call it. If they were a legitimate company, they'd advertise and everyone would sign up with them.
    molōn labe

I have Ambit, I signed up to help a friend get to his next level in Ambit. I can't say where I have seen any savings nor any extra costs. I have been asked soooo many times to sell Ambit. Maybe if I started 2 years ago I could have made some money on it. I know someone who makes a lot of money off of this. He got started right at the beginning. Used the people that got him started, had weekly meetings for the people he signed up, and they brought more people, etc. I'm in sales but that is not for me though.
    Doc8404 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by guygus3516 View Post
    I have Ambit, I signed up to help a friend get to his next level in Ambit. I can't say where I have seen any savings nor any extra costs. I have been asked soooo many times to sell Ambit. Maybe if I started 2 years ago I could have made some money on it. I know someone who makes a lot of money off of this. He got started right at the beginning. Used the people that got him started, had weekly meetings for the people he signed up, and they brought more people, etc. I'm in sales but that is not for me though.
    It isn't Ambit, the guy was required to tell me like 5 times that he does not work for Ambit nor does he work for Nyseg. I should have just researched before I signed anything. The guy that was here was very nice I'm not going to give him any crap he's got a job and he is doing it, that's all there is to that. Unfortunately right after he left all I had to do was google search "Just Energy" and it auto-completed "Scam" into that string of words, needless to say I made a nice "Oh ****" face.

The 30 days they give me to cancel is legit, it is on the paper I signed (he gave me copies of all the paperwork we filled out) and it is 30 days from the first time that the company delivers me energy, which means I've got about 2-3 months to cancel without a fee according to their own paperwork. I feel bad signing up for something and then acting like a dis satisfied customer before I even try their services however they should really do something to fix the fact that their name is so heavily tagged with the word "Scam" that google automatically fills it in for you. For anyone reading this that may make the same mistake as me, tell the salesperson that u need to research before u sign anything and have them come back later so you can yay or nay them then.

Update on this, guess my Email wasn't taken lightly, my application was cancelled before they even sent it in, confirmed by them VIA Email at 4:51PM today. One less thing to worry about now.
    Noodles and Evild like this.

General

A happy ending then. It's a good think you did research after the fact. Most people wouldn't have thought about it again until their bill came due...

A happy ending then. It's a good think you did research after the fact. Most people wouldn't have thought about it again until their bill came due...
    I try not to do that I figured if it was a good thing I'd keep it and sign up then (in case they only come around once every 6 months or something) and if I found out something bad (Like I did) I had 30 days to sign out of it.

I did the same thing 8 weeks ago. Signed up, Googled them after the guy left, researched for about 30 minutes. Then immediately called to cancel.
    Watering the Tree Of Liberty is not achieved by the killing of innocents, but by preserving the lives of those innocents with your own if necessary.

Private

Someone came last night and told my girlfriend's grandma that he was an independent contractor for NYSEG. Her grandma already signed the contract, then asked my girlfriend for her latest bill. He started filling out the contract before he even began his "sales pitch"! I asked her where he was from, and she said he was from Just Energy. As soon as she said it was them, I knew what was going on because my mother got scammed a few months back. Unfortunately, my girlfriend had also signed papers, so I went down and told him that her and I were happy with what we were paying right now (we pay $55 at most). He tried to do his sales pitch on me, but I interrupted him and said we weren't interested. He got very upset and said "Well, she already signed it." I brought my girlfriend down and told him to void the contract and leave all paperwork with us. Luckily, he did and left in a hissy fit.

After he left, I read through all of the paperwork he gave us. Nowhere in the contract (or his speech) mentioned how long the contract lasted. Also, at the end of the contract it had the signature of "the executive chair". No mention of the name. Another HUGE red flag is that it says right in the contract there is no guarantee of savings, even though he said there is a guarantee.

I know this is a thread resurrection but rather then post a new one I figured I'd just add it into here:

Today another company came by insisting that they see my NYSEG bill, I declined their offer a few times, told them I had been through this, they told me Just Energy is going through several class action civil suites or something and they are here to make sure customers of NYSEG still get discounts. These guys run a hard game, insisting that they HAVE to see your NYSEG bill, weather or not you sign up for their plans. This time I told them to take a hike (nicely) I don't even remember the name of the company this time around, just watch urself out there guys, they make it seem imperative that they look at your bill, I had to tell them "No" 3 times, the 3rd time being a flat out "No, I am not sharing my bill with anyone, thank you." for them to back off and leave it alone.

General

Your best bet is to only answer the door if it's somebody you know. Everyone else, just don't answer. That's what I do!

BANNED

Your best bet is to only answer the door if it's somebody you know. Everyone else, just don't answer. That's what I do!

I have a security camera with a built in intercom system,just tell them not interested and see ya later!!!! I especially hate the holy Rollers,they seem to be the most uninvited people at my door...

BANNED

I also have been getting people selling frozen meat/seafood from there truck lately,anyone see these guys?????Not sure if they sell bad/stolen or what there beef is (pun),but i am not interested in eating it!!!!

I would but I live on the third floor with no peep hole to check, I always answer with a cocked fist if its later in the afternoon, but in broad daylight up 2 flights of stairs usually is not where people choose their fights. If I had a way to see before I opened I would, I'm only 21, living in a studio apartment trying to start my own life lol. Luckily I havent been messed with too much by these people claiming to be on my side money-wise, I consider myself kinda street smart (as far as business scams go) for my age. I have considered answering my door with a gun but I figure that wouldn't go over well if I ever do it to the wrong person.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetster View Post
    I have a security camera with a built in intercom system,just tell them not interested and see ya later!!!! I especially hate the holy Rollers,they seem to be the most uninvited people at my door...
    Just answer your door in your underwear with a beer and a smoke in your hand. The holy rollers just turn and run. (used to work on the mother in law til she got to know me)