New York Firearms Forum banner

Assemblyman Charged

4K views 45 replies 28 participants last post by  mantis 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Crap, he is one of the guys on our side of fighting the SAFE act. We really need to stop busting people for things that don't harm others.

#15 ·
We really need to stop busting people for things that don't harm others.
Isn't this one of our arguments against the safe act? Law abiding citizens don't harm others. Seriously though this whole thing really pisses me off. They showed a clip on the news(his address) where Cuomo wants to make small amounts of pot OK. He doesn't want people to have a record for possessing small amounts. Pot has always been illegal to buy but be thinks its ok. Now the pre-ban 30rnd mags that NY residents bought LEGALLY are illegal and he wants us thrown in jail. Hmmm. Makes sense to me.

As far as pot being made legal I'm for it if its done with some intelligence.(which as we all know isn't possible in this state) The state could make millions of it by taxing it.

#3 ·
ah, well that doesnt look good. he has been a strong support of our plight. not that i condone illegal behavior of any sort, but marijuana is less harmful than alcohol.

#9 ·
I could turn that into a drinking game, every time a gun-grabbing hypocrite gets arrested, drink, etc...GREAT article

#11 ·
Sheeeeeeit.

I'm sure if we delved into the past of many anti-gunners we'd find much worse than a "small bag of herb."

#12 ·
the guy is a dumbass, look at the history the man has.

#16 ·
IDK, the guy is a lawmaker afterall. Sorry but I'm not having too much sympathy despite the fact that he seems to be on our side. Too much to expect our elected officials abide by the same laws they impose upon us? F' him. Live by the rules. Die by the rules. We don't need the likes of him on our side, we've got the Constitution. I can live with that.

#20 ·
Really should be a non issue. For the people saying "Well it is still what the gubment says and is therefor law!", I expect to see you lining up with your ARs for confis...er, I mean registration.

#25 ·
All I'm saying is the law makers should abide by the same rules that they impose on everybody else not that what he was doing was wrong or right. BTW if you don't register you'll be committing a felony anytime you want to use your rifle. They already have my name and address and know I own guns because its on my pistol permit. Assuming they have yours too. If the plan is confiscation they're coming for your pistols too. I'm pretty optimistic this whole registration thing is going to be struck down along with the rest of this unconstitutional law anyways.

#23 · (Edited)
He was thinking he is above the law. In todays government the messages they send are just crazy.
Drugs not Guns, and other garbage they push. Thats a lib for you when they talk hit the mute button because they always lie.
Cuomo's state of the state address he was easy on drug use and crimiails, he did want the pot arest on thee record when going for a job. The whole Senate and Assembly should be subject to piss test for drugs, you want someone high making Laws. Thats how Safe Act is so messed up.

#27 ·
How can anyone support personal freedom and yet stand against someone smoking pot? Who cares? It doesn't say he was driving high. This is the oldest trick in politics, round your enemies up on trumped up charges.

As long as he didn't have any 20 rd magazines in the trunk, the children are SAFE.

#31 ·
If your looking for other people to respect your rights, you better respect the rights of others. I'm not a pot smoker but, I'm not supportive of an overbearing government trampling on anyones personal freedoms.

There is no reason to outlaw pot smoking.

#33 ·
Most cops will take a small amount of pot upon discovery, dump it on the pavement and grind it with their boot and send the guy on his way as the arrest and paperwork isn't worth the time for what amounts to be a friggin' plant. It's not like he had 50 lbs of the stuff hidden in his car as he was trying to cross into the US from Canada.

Further surprised they didn't let him go as a professional courtesy. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

Really makes me wonder what's going on with the NYSP these days.

#34 ·
your missed the point tom ,,, typical politician ..do as i say, not as i do .... now it may be possible katz was targeted for being so outspoken against der fürer, or he more likely got nailed with a bag of the stinky in the car after getting banged doing 80 on the highway but the hipocracy of what he got caught for speaks volumes considering were he stands on the issue and the comitiee he's on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.