Thread: Gen 4 Glocks for $499 at Gander Mountain

Private

Default Gen 4 Glocks for $499 at Gander Mountain

Hey,

I just wanted to give you all a heads up that if you're thinking about getting a Glock, now's the time to do it. I happened to go into the store today (Utica, NY) just looking around, and decided to buy a Gen 4 Glock 22 after feeling how nice they fit in my hand compared to my older Glocks. The salesman was from the Rochester store and said that they had the sale there, but it was supposed to be for that store/area (not sure exactly) only.

Well, I lucked out apparently, when he rang up the G22, it was $499, not $649. I'm not sure if they are all $499, or $150 off the advertised price. He said $150 off all Glocks, so I'm going to go with that. Anyways, I figured I'd let you all know in case there's someone who is on the edge of buying one and is waiting, I know I almost waited another two weeks until my next paycheck, glad I didn't! This worked out to be Cheaper than buying one with the GSSF discount, and I only had to drive 5 minutes to get it, not 4 3-hour long drives back and forth to get it.

Anyways, hope someone else benefits from this information, if your store doesn't have it publicly displayed on sale, I would recommend asking one of the salesmen to ring it up and see how much it was, apparently the salesmen don't even know of the sale, since they were all surprised.

-Jeff
    Last edited by RelievedSimpleton; 10-18-2010 at 04:48 PM.

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Les

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know the New Hartford store had reopened from the fire. They haven't advertised that they are open, at least not in Rome.
    NRA Life Member - NRA Range Safety Officer - NYSRPA Member - SCOPE Member
    === Make a fast friend, adopt a retired racing greyhound. ===

Just went to their website and searched my nearest store and yes they have "all new in-stock glocks for $499.99 thru Oct 23 " Friggin awesome I've been wanting a glock 19 hopefully they'll have one. Thanks for the heads up!

Sergeant

I wonder if you can get Glocks LE/Mlitary/Fire/EMS discount on top of the sale price? A new G29/30/36 for $399 seems like something I would have no choice but to get!
    -David

Guns aren’t toys. They’re for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face!

i just got a g19 too bad i didnt see this thread, cause i paid that much for the older model

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dirty dan View Post
    i just got a g19 too bad i didnt see this thread, cause i paid that much for the older model
    Stick with the Gen3 for now, I have heard some complaints and problems with the Gen4.

im happy with the gen 3, its my first pistol and it fits my hand great. the only thing i didnt like was the first time i shot it the second round jammed lol im not sure if it was just the mag wasnt clicked in far enough or what

BANNED

im happy with the gen 3, its my first pistol and it fits my hand great. the only thing i didnt like was the first time i shot it the second round jammed lol im not sure if it was just the mag wasnt clicked in far enough or what
    That can happen, just make sure you are ramming those mags in. It won't hurt the pistol. BTW, is this dirty dan "the wheelie machine"? If it is, this is John, Mr. Sprint--your moms favorite cell phone guy.

Quote Originally Posted by cooden View Post
    That can happen, just make sure you are ramming those mags in. It won't hurt the pistol. BTW, is this dirty dan "the wheelie machine"? If it is, this is John, Mr. Sprint--your moms favorite cell phone guy.
    haha yea, she told me the other day that you two realized she was my mom and i was her son lol

BANNED

haha yea, she told me the other day that you two realized she was my mom and i was her son lol
    Join GCL (Genesee Conversation League), get some more mags (like 8 at least), a holster and some mag pouches and come shoot on either Tuesday or Wednesday nights. You'll be hooked! I shoot Wednesday nights & it is a ton of fun.

im lookin for the mags now, i have a holster. mike and a couple other friends have been buggin me to go to gcl i just havent had a chance and plus i dont wanna go with only one extra mag

Just so you know dirty dan, you do not need to be a member of GCL to shoot on either tuesdays or wednesday nights events. Both are open to anybody who wishes to attend.

yea they said i just gotta get there early to take a class

yeah you should come this tuesday.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

www.mikecentola.com

Just called, today's the last day on sale...no Gen 4s, Gen 3- 17, 19 & 23 only...said they're flying out the door.

Private

too bad the 26's aren't on sale I probably would have picked one up