Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Spydermonkey
  • 3 Post By Gunner57
  • 1 Post By Canis~Major

Thread: Second amendment tattoos

Captain

Default Second amendment tattoos

I told myself i would never get myself a tattoo because i would never be passionate about something until the day i die. But i have come to realize that my love for firearms will be with me until the day that i die. Do any of you have any firearm related tattoos? Im looking for idea for a second amendment one that will go on my forearm. Thinking of maybe quoting the second amendment or just putting molon labe. What are your thoughts?

P.S as far as enlisting in the marines or becoming a police officer are forearm tattoos a no no?
    Last edited by DannyDifalco; 12-16-2012 at 12:47 AM.

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!

Quote Originally Posted by DannyDifalco View Post
    I told myself i would never get myself a tattoo because i would never be passionate about something until the day i die. But i have come to realize that my love for firearms will be with me until the day that i die. Do any of you have any firearm related tattoos? Im looking for idea for a second amendment one that will go on my forearm. Thinking of maybe quoting the second amendment or just putting molon labe. What are your thoughts?
    Only have 1 tattoo on my left forearm of a Eagle/American flag but what you want sounds interesting might have to look into this also..

Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator Spydermonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DannyDifalco View Post
    P.S as far as enlisting in the marines or becoming a police officer are forearm tattoos a no no?
    Most police agencies do not allow visible tattoos. Yes you can wear a long sleeve shirt all summer but theres a chance you may get looked over so they don't have to deal with that issue.
    Bob11 likes this.
    Disregarding color of law, preventing free travel, and creating joinder with NYF members since 2010.

"I've always felt that the real horror is next door to us, that the scariest monsters are our neighbors."
    -George A. Romero

I'm fairly certain you can have tattoos in the marines. No clue about Law Enforcement.

Here's some more information:

Marine Corps Clears Up Tattoo Policy - News - MilitarySpot.com

Marine Corps Tattoo Policy

Cant have anything below the knee in the Marine Corps. Existing tattoo's in other locations cant cover more than 25% of any one body part (ex. Calf tattoo can only cover 25% of your lower leg).

Just don't get carried away. I would suggest something subtle, like this...

constitution-tattoo.jpg
    ScotchMan, dsdmmat and rnemhrd like this.

I know of binghamton cop that has full sleeves and wears short sleeves all summer
    Unrestricted NY LTC permit. PA LTC.

NRA member SCOPE member

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner57 View Post

constitution-tattoo.jpg
    Would marry.
    Quote Originally Posted by punishercustomz View Post
    I know of binghamton cop that has full sleeves and wears short sleeves all summer
    Different departments have different rules.
    Suppose the Second amendment said A well-educated electorate being necessary for self-governance in a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed. Is there anyone who would suggest that means only registered voters have a right to read? - Robert Levy, Georgetown University Professor

Corporal

I wound be carefull of what I get past a short sleeve if you want to be in law enforcement. I know a cop that is covered that got hired with an agreement that he would wear long sleeves all year round. He hated it in the summer and was thinking of sueing the department so he could wear short sleeve shirts. I told him that he had to know that the tattoos where going to be a problem and why get covered if he knew he wanted to get into law enforcement. He finally left the department. Like it or not there is stigma attatched to tattoos that may not be in line with whoever does the hiring in whatever department you may apply for.

constitution-tattoo.jpg
    This is defiantly subtle
    Pro ... Rights, Freedom, Self-Defense

I know an Endicott cop with full sleeves who is forced to wear full sleeves when its 90 out!
    "If I could have banned them all - 'Mr. and Mrs. America turn in your guns' - I would have!"
    - Diane Feinstein
    (I love Diane, that sexy angel)

BANNED

constitution-tattoo.jpg

wow that's hot on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac54 View Post
    wow that's hot on so many levels.
    Yeah, I'd love to see the front view. If it's half as good, oh my, what a package!

Quote Originally Posted by ECU Pirates View Post
    I know an Endicott cop with full sleeves who is forced to wear full sleeves when its 90 out!
    No one is forcing him to do anything, he can quit his job anytime he wants to.
    Watering the Tree Of Liberty is not achieved by the killing of innocents, but by preserving the lives of those innocents with your own if necessary.

Captain

Problem solved ~get what you want!
    OfficerStore.com: Tattoo Cover Up

another~Cover a Tattoo | Tattoo Cover Up Sleeve | Ink Armor Full Sleeve Tat2X

I also know some very good tattoo places in ulster/Orange/Sullivan county areas if you need one~be careful who you use a lot of crappy artists out there~ My department has no policy against them unless they contain offensive material ~ Im looking at a forearm tattoo myself soon.
    Last edited by Canis~Major; 12-16-2012 at 11:43 AM.
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
    George Washington
    All firearms transactions to be processed through FFL Charles B. Freer Firearms (845)674-1979

The chief of Greene police wears long sleeves year round to cover his up. He's the nicest guy in the world and never knew he had sleeves until he went with us on our Class Trip. Pretty sweet ones actually...

And to the OP what about something in Latin?

Captain

Another great and less common tattoo~ Si vis pacem, para bellum Latin for "If you wish for peace, prepare for war"
    Bob11 likes this.
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
    George Washington
    All firearms transactions to be processed through FFL Charles B. Freer Firearms (845)674-1979

I've been meaning to post my "finished" back tattoo, will try for later today

Major

When I go out I wear my black NRA hat with the letters NRA in big, bold, gold embossed accross the front, along with my zip-up fleece NRA-ILA windbreaker. I get a lot of comments, and end up defending the NRA and guns, etc. I may think about getting a tattoo for the times when I don't need the hat or windbreaker. We got to get the message out to everybody that we are serious about this. Anyone know where I could get some bumperstickers advertising 2A, guns, etc? Thanks

My babysitter's boyfriend had a hard time signing up for the marines because of his tattoos, which are all patriotic BTW. His dad is a career Navy guy and believe pulled some strings and they signed him up. Unfortunately had a motorcycle accident before he was scheduled to go to BT and blew out his knee, so ended up not going anyway. Just saying think carefully about what you have scrolled on your body because it will be with you for life and may cause unintended consequences later on in life (not getting that job you hoped for, etc.). My nephew is literally covered in ink (from top of his chest to above his knees) but he intentionally left anything that could be visable in everyday work clothing (short sleeves) untouched. He says he's going to have the rest finished after he retires, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by eagleridge357 View Post
    Anyone know where I could get some bumperstickers advertising 2A, guns, etc? Thanks
    Well, if ya wanna advertise, here, have at it...

pro gun bumper sticker | eBay

Personally, I'm thinking about getting this one...

wife bumper sticker.jpg

Captain

Check Out These Don't Tread On Me Stickers & Don't Tread On Me Vinyl Decals
    Very nice t-shirts also~ Customer service is excellent. Didnt have the shirt in color i wanted sent me a different color plus a free shirt with an apology note. they were willing to refund the money and let me keep one shirt for my troubles. i kept both shirts and placed another order.

Another good one ive used~http://www.dogfightink.com/Decals.html
    Last edited by Canis~Major; 12-16-2012 at 12:56 PM.
    George Washington

I wish I could post pictures on here off of my iphone but I have a one off of a Gadsden flag design with two crossed cannons behind it on my back. Not exactly a firearms related tattoo but certainly has to deal with your natural right to defend yourself which i'll tie into guns.