11-19-2009 until 12-23-2020
Marketplace rules - Read before posting
The following rules apply to all of the for sale and wanted forums.
The following rules apply to all of the For Sale and Wanted** forums.
1. You must have at least 50 posts on the forum before making a for sale thread. If you make a bunch of useless posts to increase your post count all of your posts will be deleted and you will be banned from the site without warning.
** You may post in the Wanted section with fewer than 50 posts.
2. Do not post (or ask for) any illegal items for sale, including but not limited to (this means the list can change and even if something isn't listed here it may still get you banned )
a. AR-15 style firearms
b. Anything else that fits the Assault Weapon ban that has been enacted. This includes but isn't limited to firearms with features such as a detachable magazine, threaded barrel, pistol grip, etc.
c. Handguns with threaded barrels
d. Magazines with a capacity greater than 10 rounds3. Face to Face sales must now include the FFL you will be using to have the required NICS check performed along with any additional cost to the new owner. Any posts without this will be deleted.
(BREAKING THIS RULE WILL RESULT IN AN IMMEDIATE TWO WEEK BAN)
4. All items MUST include an asking price. If it is an item for trade, an approximate value or list of items that you would trade for is required. Indicate in your initial post if you are offering shipping on your item.
5. Leave contact information. If you want people to email you make sure it's posted in your thread. Users cannot email you through the forum.
6. No "thread crapping". If you aren't interested in an item do not post in the thread. This absolutely includes any unnecessary comments about a seller's asking price. This also includes making public offers on price and trades. PM ALL offers, whether it be a dollar amount or a trade.
7. Make sure the location listed in your profile is up to date.
8. Do not "bump" your thread to the top of the forum more than once every 3 days.
9. If your item has sold please edit the thread prefix to "Done:" To do this, edit your original post and then click "go advanced" to get to the prefix editor. If more than 30 days have passed you cannot edit your thread. In this case Please PM a moderator or use the report function on the post.
10. If an item has sold do not delete the text of the posting so returning users who come back looking for it can find it.
11. Follow all state, federal and local laws and regulations regarding the sale of firearms.
12. Use a descriptive title. "Rifle for sale" is not descriptive. "26" barrel Remington 700 in .308" is descriptive.
13. Failure to complete a sale/trade, once an agreement between buyer and seller is established, will result in a ban, at a mods discrection the ban may be permanent!! DO NOT COMMIT TO SOMETHING YOU CANNOT FOLLOW THROUGH WITH!
14. NYFirearms.com does not take any responsibility for any items bought or sold on the forum. It is up to you to research price, describe items accurately and work out all transactions. With that said, if you are cheated please bring it to the attention of the site admin via PM with a detailed description of what happened.