New York Firearms Forum banner

Ohio CCW threatened by LEO

12K views 76 replies 31 participants last post by  OwnTheRide 
#1 ·
(tried posting this earlier, right around the time the forum died briefly)

Surprised this wasn't posted it here (maybe it was and I didn't see it). Also this isn't really 'in the news' (so far) but thought this was the best place for it. Feel free to move if not.

Ohioans For Concealed Carry Discussion Forums • View topic - Encounter - bad, really bad

I am representing someone in a failure to notify case. It is an ongoing legal case, so I dont want to post too much here right now. I watched the video today, and it verified an almost unbelievable story my client told me. To make this real brief - my client was stopped. Tried to notify, but was told by one officer to shut up. Another officer came to the driver's side door, and again my client tried to notify. You can hear him in the video say "I've got . . ." before he his cut off with a profanity laced tirade, and demand for his driver's license. My clent hands the officer his license, tries to notify again while holding his CHL in his hand. The officer says "What? What are you waving around that you want me to see?" He takes it, looks at it, while my client says "I'm trying to tell you . . ." The officer asks, "do you have a gun? My guy says "Yes" and then is pushed against his vehicle while the officer takes the gun from my client's waistband holster. The total time from the officer approaching the car door to being told he has a gun was 55 seconds.

It gets worse from there. The officer tells my guy that "I should blast you right in the mouth." "I'm close to caving in your head." "You are a stupid human being." "How would you like it if I pull mine and stick it to your head." When speaking to another officer, he says "I hate these expletive deleted - Jake with their gd permits." And, again, later tells my client "I should have taken 2 steps back, put 10 rounds in your expletive deleted - Jake, and left you lying there. I should have executed you, and I'd go home and sleep good tonight."
There's more at the link, and it's quite chilling. I'll be following it closely over the next few weeks.

#41 ·
Apparently this same officer threatened someone else a year ago: Video: Officer Harless also lost temper on earlier arrest - Canton, OH - CantonRep.com

Although it involves the same officer, the incident in the new video varies in several ways from the June 8 arrest of the driver with a concealed-carry license.

During the June incident, the driver told police he had a concealed-carry license, his weapon was confiscated and he was handcuffed, then Harless made threatening statements to the man after placing him in the back of a police cruiser.

In the incident from a year ago, Harless discovered a gun while two suspects were still in the truck, drew his weapon and threatened to shoot as he was making the arrest.
Granted this is very different than a concealed-carry licensee, but this guy really shouldn't be a cop anymore.

#42 ·
As an earlier post stated, this LEO seems to me to be a schoolyard bully wearing a badge. Glad he was suspended, hopefully Canton PD does the right thing and cuts this guy loose, with a referral note for psych. help with anger management.

#55 · (Edited)
this LEO has threatened to kill many people, so he is a felon himself ..... Canton Police Officer Daniel Harless Making Death Threats Again! (Unedited) - YouTube

of course in this case this guy has a gun in his car, this one has no permit. But I would like to think he could handle his job without threatening to kill everyone.

This cop should never be able to own a gun again, if you or I threatened anyone in this manner you wouldn't even be able to own a long gun. I sure hope he does not just go get another JOB at some other police dept.

#64 ·
I bet they haven't gotten the 'waffle face' lately

#66 ·
F YEAHHHH!!!!

That really was a good show...got stupid right at the end though

#68 ·
Ok so the guys walking down the street with an empty gun on his hip and a video camera. All this guy was doing was looking for attention. Not
Only is he a jerk but he's also a moron. Why not just strap a brick to your waist. Serves the same purpose as a unloaded gun.

#69 ·
I think the law in California says the gun must be unloaded. However you can carry a loaded magazine on you also. It would be slow but you could load it and use it for self defense. I think that's the law there, but I coul dbe wrong.

#72 ·
Or nutballs looking to get a bit of publicity and continue to give the anti's a lot of reasons why we are all that way.

#74 ·
I wasn't commenting on the law, I was commenting on those in general that are doing the 'in your face' moves and pushing the issues and videoing it just to 'prove a point'

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.