Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sitdwnandhngon

Thread: best ammo prices

Private

Default best ammo prices

hey guys ive been looking at prices for some bulk ammo(1,000) rounds just you basic target loads for range days. i need to buy for my glock 23 (.40) and my ar .223 or 5.56 where are you guys finding the best deals??

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Major

Quote Originally Posted by bigcountry View Post
    hey guys ive been looking at prices for some bulk ammo(1,000) rounds just you basic target loads for range days. i need to buy for my glock 23 (.40) and my ar .223 or 5.56 where are you guys finding the best deals??

gun-deals.com - User-Submitted Gun & Ammunition Deals

I've used AmmoSeek.com with good results.
    Cuomo is a Douchenozzle.

SCOPE Member
    NRA Member

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.” ~Unknown

Stearn786 nailed it.

I have bought from SGammo super cheap, their stock rotates though so check it often.

Freedom munitions is brass cased ammo for steel cased prices, and so far the batch I got is super accurate. Good stuff if you are into saving your brass.

Believe it or not, Walmart has the best deal around for. 223 range ammo. I picked up around $100.00 worth at $4.97/box
    “Disconnect and self destruct one bullet at a time
    What's your rush, now? Everyone will have his day to die." -APC

This Too Shall Pass

Its never in stock anymore in Cortland. I used to buy a box every time I went in, now it seems that the whole shelf is gone within one day of stocking.
    haystack677 likes this.

Yeah E. Syr. Walmart on Bridge Street is hit and miss for .223. I was there last Friday and they had a bunch but then RDFABSREP showed up and well....
    It's great when it's in stock but it doesn't last long.
    "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.” ~Unknown

Corporal

are you guys buying steel case tula from walmart ? I know its not brass for that price

Yes. The stuff for $4.97 is tula. The Walmart in Fulton has american eagle brass for $6.47. A couple weeks ago they had federal 100 round boxes for $34.97. It didn't last long. It's kind of strange how they stock different stuff at the different stores.

Quote Originally Posted by ADAM421 View Post
    are you guys buying steel case tula from walmart ? I know its not brass for that price
    Yeah man. Went there (Camillus) one Sunday and impulse-bought 6 boxes of 7.62. Went home, kicked myself for not getting more and ended up going back the next Saturday only to find they were still very well stocked. Picked up something like 10 more boxes of 7.62, 6 boxes of .223 and some .308 as well (brass.)

This Too Shall Pass

After my last batch of steel cased stuff I am trying to phase out into only brass.

A friend has a great .223 reloading bench now and I bought some components to hopefully try to save a few bucks by replenishing the stock as it diminishes.

BANNED

I usually end up at Walmart. Just at a gun show this past weekend and the 9 and 45 ammo I saw there was more than the range stuff at Walmart. Federal FMJ 9 - 100 rounds for $19.95 and FMJ 45 - 100 rounds for $29.95.

JMD
    Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by stearn786 View Post
    Yeah E. Syr. Walmart on Bridge Street is hit and miss for .223. I was there last Friday and they had a bunch but then RDFABSREP showed up and well....
    It's great when it's in stock but it doesn't last long.
    Whenever I go in there I check to see if they have any .223 available. It's probably been close to a year since they had any in stock in East Syracuse.
    For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.
    -Henry Louis Mencken

I'm heading there on my lunch break to pick up some things. I will check and let you know if they have any.

I always recommend the PMC X-tac ammo from AIMsurplus.com. Buy in bulk for a good price. They pretty much have all calibers, too. It's a good place to check out.

For .40, i've been getting the herter's ammo on sale at cabela's. You can usually get free shipping and a dry box with your order.

Only one box of Remington. 223 at Walmart in east Syracuse.

Sergeant

You have to search around.

Prices seem to go up and down, so one site is best price this week and another site is the next.
    But shipping will be the same if its 1 box or a full case so your better off buying in bulk online

Freedom Munitions has great prices Ammunition Online at Factory Direct Prices | Freedom Munitions | Handgun Ammo & Rifle Ammo I have a few thousand rounds fired with no issues. One to stay away from is USAAmmo.com. 2-3 out of 50 rounds had issues. When I addressed this with USAAMMO I was told they would send a few boxes since they knew they had bad ammo. A year later and 10-12 calls later no comp ammo.

Private

I find that Cabelas sometimes has good deals, American Eagle Tactical 300 rounds with a storage box for 103 shipped. Cheapest ive gotten from them was PMC Bronze for 96$ for 300 Rounds.

Brought home 15 more boxes of .223 from the Camillus Walmart this past Sunday. Almost on a first-name-basis with the guy at the counter

This Too Shall Pass

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by MegaByte View Post
    Freedom Munitions has great prices Ammunition Online at Factory Direct Prices | Freedom Munitions | Handgun Ammo & Rifle Ammo I have a few thousand rounds fired with no issues. One to stay away from is USAAmmo.com. 2-3 out of 50 rounds had issues. When I addressed this with USAAMMO I was told they would send a few boxes since they knew they had bad ammo. A year later and 10-12 calls later no comp ammo.
    over 600 rounds fired of .223/5.56 good stuff~ They need more stock though(then again most places are low on stock thanks to OBAMANATION)
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
    George Washington
    All firearms transactions to be processed through FFL Charles B. Freer Firearms (845)674-1979