New York Firearms Forum banner

New Holster from Bob Durbin

11K views 48 replies 20 participants last post by  randy41508 
#1 ·
As some of you may know, a number of folks over at Rochester Personal Defense use a leather IWB holster from Bob Durbin. Dubbed the "Jenkins IWB holster".

Welp I don't carry my gun often, but wanted to try out some holsters and figured why not, the price is right (65 after shipping).

I called Bob and spoke with him. He had just recently had surgery and didn't have a mold for my particular gun (the Ruger SR40), so he said it'd take him a bit to get this going. He took my name, number and address and that was it.

Approximately three weeks later I have a package waiting for me. The holster showed up! Great turnaround time from someone who was behind due to surgery AND didn't have what he needed on hand to make one for my gun.

So I get it home and immediately shove the gun into it. Fits perfectly. I will say the fit and finish on this holster is very good. The gun model is stamped onto the holster along with a few specific to Bob (name, etc). The belt loop snaps are solid and easy to work (without easily coming undone). I did not expect it to be QUITE as stiff as it is. But I also anticipate that once it gets worked in a bit it'll be right where I want it.

Overall I'm very happy with this. As I have a chance to actually use it more often I'll update this if I find things i REALLY love or REALLY hate (mind you again I'm not a regular carry person so I'm finding what I like as I go)

Musical instrument Wood Automotive lighting Tints and shades Automotive exterior
Wood Revolver Trigger Gun accessory Personal protective equipment
Wood Chair Auto part Musical instrument accessory Hardwood

See less See more
#4 ·
Tim:

Good to see another convert grabbing up Bob's holsters.....

:)

#5 ·
I have used a Durbin for over a year. Very well made and a great value. I'm glad he is back to making holsters again. I thought he was still out from surgery.

#12 ·
He'll make you anything you want. He is also a knife maker which is what got him into the leather goods. Most of his molds are wooden models that he carves himself. Give him a call.

#9 ·
I just got off the phone with Bob. I had an opportunity to see one of his holsters last week, and I just ordered one for my new Glock 23. Bob said he's at a week to 10 days now. Still getting caught up after his surgery he said. I'm excited for it.

Now, does someone have a suggestion for a nice belt that I can use both at work and home? I read some about the VRI Tactical EDC but can't really tell from the pictures it it will work with khakis.

#10 ·
That would work or you Can get a belt from 5.11 or even Call Durbin back. He's making some real nice belts now!

#13 ·
Just a quick question. I received my Durbin yesterday and I noticed it was stamped DJ 3. I've seen reference to DJ 2 in past posts, can anyone tell me what the difference is?

As a side note, when I put it on, it prints much more than I had anticipated. Does anyone have a picture of them wearing the Durbin so I can see how it should look?

#14 ·
Doxlie:

Bob went and added a bit more leather and redid the tilt angle so he revised the version number...LOL

Not knowing what you are referencing about it printing, try this:
You should wear it so that the rear sight is about even or just a bit in front of the seam on the outside of your pants. The body of the gun itself should ride just behind the hip bone. Most of us have a hollow there and the gun fits perfectly.There, the holster should assist in drawing the grip in for better concealment.

As for pics, I am sure someone has one here somewhere.......

#15 ·
Haha okay. I've got it at home right now with the gun sitting in it to try and stretch it a bit. It was a tiny bit tight, but I'm sure it will be fine after it stretches a little.

I've been carrying a Taurus 709 in a #5 Uncle Mikes, just forward of my hip bone. I placed the G23 in the Durbin there and it was very obvious that something was under my shirt. My wife said she never knows when I'm carrying the Taurus, but this she can really see. I'll place it as you suggested and we'll see how that works out. I'm sure it will be fine.

Thanks for the reply!

#16 ·
I have two of these new Durbin holsters now. I put my others in a drawer a while ago and forgot all about them. I have one for a full-size Beretta px4 and one for a Sig 232. Both have perfect fit (after a day or two of wearing) and both meet my expectations. I initially had concerns about gun retention but now I have no concerns at all. I highly reccomend them for price, comfort and quality.

#19 ·
Reach Bob at 585-335-3832.

No website, he's old school. Be patient as he is just getting back from surgery and took December off.

#21 ·
Don't want to disturb the gentleman. But does he do any work with OWB? I'm looking for a "slide" type OWB holster.

That IWB looks well made, and seems made to just do it's job..full a full grip coming easily with no frills.

If he does OWB types, I'd be interested in something for my M&P 9c.

#23 ·
Don't want to disturb the gentleman. But does he do any work with OWB? I'm looking for a "slide" type OWB holster.

That IWB looks well made, and seems made to just do it's job..full a full grip coming easily with no frills.

If he does OWB types, I'd be interested in something for my M&P 9c.
He will build you anything. He recently had back surgery so call and see if he is back in action.

#22 ·
Yep!

#26 ·
Great holster n great guy I'm gonna call him in the next few days and order DJ special for my new g27 and one for my dads glock23 and considering 2 belts as well anyone have one?I've hadmy glick19 in a DJ special about a year and will never buy any other holster again

#30 ·
I have a belt from him as well. It is a nice belt but I prefer something reinforced with kydex to round out the edges. I prefer the belt I got through comp tac but at $80 it's no bargain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.